CANCELATION POLICY All rentals are paid in full in advance.
You may cancel 48 hours before your scheduled float for a full refund. Any cancellations after this time will not be refunded.
If your float is canceled by Monticello Canoe Rental due to inclement weather or water levels you will have the option to switch your date within the same year or recieve a refund. Cancelled floats will be posted on the Main page under Messages and you will also recieve a phone call/ text the morning of your float if we are not able to let you go.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED FOR NO SHOWS, PEOPLE WHO SHOW UP TO LATE TO FLOAT OR FOR ITEMS RENTED AND NOT USED!
EQUIPMENT ABUSE POLICY
For each item returned late thier will be a fee charged to Credit Card used at time of reservation. Anything returned after the cut-off time for the day will be subject to a fee $20 per every 20 minutes per item late.
Items that come in damaged or missing will be subject to the fees printed on the waiver signed by you. Monticello Canoe Rental has the right to charge the card used at time of reservation for all late,missing and abused equipment.
KEEP IN MIND WHEN RESERVING FOR A LARGE GROUP THAT WHOMEVER PROVIDES THE CREDIT CARD FOR THE RESERVATION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL PERSONS IN THE GROUP.
NO DIVING- We have encountered many accidents with floaters jumping/diving into the shallow water of the river. Please do not attempt to dive or jump off river banks, equipment or anything along river route.
DISORDERLY CONDUCT- Will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to refuse or revoke service to anyone.
RESPECT PRIVATE LANDOWNERS- Please stay off private property on river route. Stay within river banks, do not go up and over.
NO GLASS ON GROUNDS OR RIVER - Glass is a hazzard. We have had several injuries relating to glass on river and beach areas. NO GLASS allowed !
AMPLIFIED MUSIC- Please keep your volume turned down. Keep in mind that having amplified music on an Iowa waterway could result in a DNR sitation.
LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS- Monticello Canoe Rental is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged items on the river, our property, buses and van transportation. You may call the office if you believe you may have lost an item, sometimes items do get turned in.
NO INFLATABLES BROUGHT IN - We do not allow any sort of tube inflated or deflated brought into our canoe rental. They are not allowed on buses or vans!
PLEASE BE SAFE- Wear your lifejacket. They really do save lives. Ages 13 and under are required by law to wear thier lifejackets at all times.
PLEASE BE COURTEOUS- To all floaters on the river. Everyone is out to have a great time. So lets make it a pleasureable day out. Also if you see liter please try to pick it up for those who are less considerate. Thank You for keeping our Iowa rivers clean.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
1) What are your hours? We are open everyday from Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day everyday unless inclement weather prevents us from being open. We will gladley let you float before Memorial Day Weekend and after Labor Day if you give us a 24 hr notice. After Labor Day we are open Saturdays and Sundays only until October 1st. If you have a group that would like to go on a week day just give us a call and we will do our best to accomodate you!
Reservation by phone can be made any day until 6:00PM or online anytime as long as it is by midnight the day before your float!
2) Do we need to make a reservation? We highly suggest making a reservation for any day. Walk-ins are welcome but we cannot guarentee a rental depending on availability!
3) Do I have to put a deposit down? We require the full amount of your float to be paid 2 days prior to your float.
4) What happens if it rains and we dont want to canoe? If it is a gentle rain or rain is predicted to be over by noon, it is a GO! If it is a dangerous situation and we cancel the float we will offer to switch to another date or issue a refund. If you decide not to show we do not issue refunds.
5) What is someone in our group has thier own Kayak or Canoe? There is a $10 drop fee per vessel. They may unload thier canoe or kayak at our office (21430 River Road) and then we will follow the driver to Pictured Rocks to park thier vehicle before starting thier float. Please check in at the office so we know you are there to get you a shuttle.
6) What time do we need to be off the River? Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sundays- All persons and equipment need to be off the river by 6:00PM.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday Rentals need to be off the water by 5:00PM.
There is a $20 charge per item for every 20 minutes late . Charge will be applied to card used at time of reservation. So if you your card is used for reservation you are responsible for your group.
7) How long does the trip last? Canoe and Kayak floating is approximatly 3-4 hrs. Inner tube floating time is approximatly 5-6 hrs. All times are approximate depending on water level and the stops you make.
8) What size cooler fits in cooler tube?Coolers up to 50 Quart Cooler. Ice is available to purchase at the canoe rental office.
9) Does the cooler come with the rental of a cooler tube? No , it does not . You are just renting the cooler tube. Please bring your cooler with you!
10) Can we bring our own tubes or coolertubes? No, we do not allow any form of tube/ infaltable brought into our location or transported in our shuttle vehicles.
11) Do you have locker areas? No, we do not have anywhere for you to put belongings at our office, so please plan ahead and only bring with you what you need for check in and to float.
12)Are there restrooms on the route?
There are no restrooms along the route. There are porta pots at the office but nothing on the water trail.
13) Can we bring pets?
You bet- you sure may bring your pets and they are welcome to ride in the shuttle if need be.